You can count on our longstanding experience.
Mawatec AG has a long tradition as a supplier and machining expert. We have been putting precision and reliability into practice in Selzach / Solothurn since 1946. Below are some excerpts from our seven decades of company history:
1946: In a basement in Selzach / Solothurn, Max Wullimann founds a supplier business for precision mechanical parts.
1952: The young company moves into its first expanded facilities. Numerous other factory buildings are added in the following years.
- 1958: The company starts up production of the double-bed hand knitting machine “Swiss-Magic”, which turns out to be a hot seller in some 30 countries at about 100,000 produced units.
- 1963: The company manufactures its first medical devices and implants.
- 1975: The individual enterprise becomes the incorporated enterprise Max Wullimann AG
- 1989: Max Wullimann AG moves with the times and is certified according to ISO 9002 for the first time.
- 1990: The company needs more space and moves into the newly built production facility.
- 1999: Max Wullimann AG is taken over by Dokal Holding.
- 2000: The quality management system is certified according to ISO 9001.
- 2005: Even our medical manufacturing processes are now certified according to ISO 13485.
- 2007: Max Wullimann AG gets a new name for its 61st anniversary – it is now called Mawatec AG.
- 2009: “Welding” is added to the services provided by Mawatec AG. That same year, automated production is expanded through the integration of robot cells.
- 2013: The department of cylindrical grinding goes into operation and production capacity is increased in all areas.
- 2014/2015: Continuous investments in the latest 5-axis machining centers.
- 2017: Expansion of competences - Introduction to laser welding technology.